Alli Cherry is a YouTuber based in California. Her videos explore various aspects of her life including her capsule wardrobe, her passions for natural beauty, home decor and healthy eating, and the renovation of a 1974 dodge travco motor home! You can follow Alli on Instagram or Snapchat (allitav)!
What was your childhood ambition?
When I was a kid, I didn’t exactly know what I’d grow up to be, but I knew what I liked to do. I loved to make stuff. I had several “businesses”; a pressed flower business, a custom bookmark business, and a jewelry making business. I was also in dance consistently from the age of 2 to about 20, so I thought maybe I would have a career in the arts in some form. There was a brief moment in the 4th grade that I thought I would be a dolphin trainer, but it was a short-lived. I’ve always loved making things and creating art.
Is it still a dream of yours?
While I don’t think I can make a career selling pressed flowers or dancing on pointe, I can look back at those experiences and appreciate how they’ve helped shape who I am today – dance especially. Dance taught me so much about hard work and perseverance; I wouldn’t trade those lessons for anything. I like to think parts of my childhood ambitions are still present in my adult life.
Would you consider yourself an ambitious person?
I would consider myself an ambitious person. When I get an idea in my head it’s hard for me to shake it. I love having and reaching goals, whether they’re large or small.
What is your number one ambition for the future?
My number one ambition for the future is to be able to work for myself doing what I love (graphic design, making stuff, making content). I would love to continue to grow my online content, and maybe even publish a book. I have some ideas for related products that I’d love to see come to fruition.
What’s your top tip for staying focused on your goals and ambitions?
I have a few tips on staying focused on your goals and ambitions – I couldn’t narrow it down to just one!
1. Focus on you and don’t compare yourself to others. This seems simple, but it’s something that I have to always remind myself in this social media driven culture. There are so many people doing so many amazing things and sharing those amazing things online. It’s awesome! But just remember that they’re at a different place in their life than you are, and that’s okay. I’ve learned to genuinely be happy for people and their milestones, and I don’t let comparison steal my joy.
2. Focus on you and break it down. I hardly start a project without making a dozen lists. I love big, creative projects, but I feel like I tackle them more effectively when I split them up into more manageable pieces. This also helps me to not forget any important component. I would highly recommend this to anyone who’s feeling overwhelmed. A big goal or ambition can seem lofty and far away, but when you start dissecting it into daily or weekly tasks, suddenly it’s more attainable.
Latest posts by Alice Tucker (see all)
- 6 Effective Ways To Develop Your Confidence And Self-Esteem - December 13, 2016
- Fill Your Instagram Feed With Vintage Style Inspiration - December 13, 2016
- The Allure of Vintage Clothing Shopping - December 8, 2016